Email marketing – the perfect way to communicate with your customers
What marketing channel allows you to communicate directly with your prospects as often as you like virtually free of charge?
The answer of course is email marketing and every business should be doing it.
Email marketing allows you to communicate regularly with your audience, providing them with valuable content, building a relationship over time, enabling you to demonstrate your expertise so that they can respond when they’re ready to buy.
Due to its immediacy, email also allows you to tell your audience about special offers you may be running – whether that’s seasonal promotions, special Sale prices, introductory offers or anything else.
For email marketing to be successful there are three elements you must get right:
- The subject line – this is what determines whether the email is opened or not.
- The structure – does the email lead you by the hand through the content, keeping you involved and engaged.
- The call to action – is the action you’re meant to take absolutely clear and expressed in a way that encourages you to act.
If all these are in place then you are in with a chance of success.
However there are a few other points which will also determine your success:
- Is the content fresh, original and relevant to your audience ? If you’re giving them information that’s interesting, relevant and hopefully even includes a special offer your chances of success are greatly increased.
- Email marketing isn’t a one off exercise. Email allows you to communicate as often as you like. It’s a long term commitment. It’s no use sending a couple of emails and then stopping. You need to be in it for the long haul.
- The quality of your list is also of vital importance. If you have an opted in list of existing customers or a list you’ve built via your website you will get high open rates and sales. If however you’ve bought in a list of contacts, your open rates and sales will be much lower and your unsubscribes much higher.